The 4 key yoga poses to boost your immune system and keep you healthy.
DIY – self-learning video from famous hath yoga instructor Millena.
You can follow suggested immune system yoga poses:
1. Shashankasana / Hare Pose
2. Kandharasana / Shoulder Pose
3. Paschimottanasana / Seated Forward Bend Pose
4. Padmasana / Lotus Pose
The immune system is responsible for protecting us from disease caused by microorganisms. In a more colloquial sense, we say a person with high immunity is less prone to diseases and vice versa. But very often we find ourselves down with the flu or a cold and fever. Our immune system takes a major beat with the lifestyle choices we make, the environment we live in and the diet we choose to follow. For the immune system to work efficiently, hatha yoga has a set of asanas that improves your immune system. If you have been feeling lethargic, stressed, or falling ill regularly, then it warrants you to follow immune system boost yoga/exercises or in certain cases diet.
# How yoga to improve immune system?
Yoga poses help to lower our stress hormones and calms the nervous system, which compromises our immune system. Through relaxation, the nervous system can tell the immune system to settle down and stop attacking the foreign bodies, which are naturally cleared out by sneezing once or twice a day. If the immune system is weak, external bacteria can go into the lungs and cause bronchitis or pneumonia. Yoga is one of the main tools for maintaining the health of our respiratory system. Breathing technique and asana (posture) help improve the mechanical efficiency of our lungs by conditioning the repertory tract that increase the elasticity and strength of the whole lung. This in turn helps prevent infection.
While doing yoga yoga asanas, different organs and glands are placed in carious anatomical positions that are supplied with fresh blood, gently massaged, relaxed, toned and stimulated, thus increasing oxygen levels in the blood to various organs for optimal function and boosting your immune system.
#Yoga poses to increase immunity system :-
1. Shashankasana, or "hare pose", performing this asana regularly will help improve concentration, as the brain and all the sense organs in the head get a good supply of blood. It relaxes the leg muscles of the limb while folding. Shashankasana plays an important role in treating disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and reduces the excess fat in the abdominal and waist. This asana is best remedy to cure constipation and controlling diabetes also. Thus, on a whole making your immune system work more efficiently.
2. Kandharasana, or "shoulder pose", is effective for women suffering from menstrual disorder and uterus problems. It helps you boost your immune system and is also helpful for spermatorrhoea, prolapse, asthma, bronchial and thyroid. It improves the digestion by stretching, massaging the colon and abdominal area.
3. Paschimottanasana, or " Seated forward bend pose"- While practicing this Paschimottanasana the intestines, gall bladder are smoothly pressed and stimulates well making your immune system work efficiently. The soul energy of the body will be strengthening by spinal cord, spinal nerves are pulled during the time of asana.
4. Padmasana, or "Lotus Pose"-Calms the brain, increases awareness and attentiveness, keeps the spine straight and helps develop good posture, on a whole making you body relax and helping your immune system work effectively.
Before starting any physical activity or exercise, always consult a physician.
These asanas have been performed by a trained yoga instructor.
Hatha yoga refers to a set of physical exercises (known as asanas or postures), and sequences of asanas, designed to align your skin, muscles, and bones. The postures are also designed to open the many channels of the body—especially the main channel, the spine—so that energy can flow freely.
For more videos on Hatha Yoga, subscribe to StylecrazeTV @ http://www.youtube.com/stylecrazetv