I had some questions from various peolpe about worms and worm farms so I have answerd them here.
See my other worm farm videos here
How to make a worm farm.
Maintaining your wormfarm.
1. For the past 4 or 5 days I've had little bugs in there i dont know what they are but they look on first glance like tiny white eggs but up close you can see them moveing i also found a maggot in there, will this be a problem for the worm farm? if so do you have any ideas of getting rid of them
2. I've just set up my first worm farm today and was wondering how long the worm castings last when harvested, do they go bad if left a while or can they be stored for as long as you want?
3. Why do you need worm farms? What do you guys use it for?
4.Other videos that I have watched have put newspaper in it with the food scraps- do you know why? does it matter? Also some people have suggested putting air holes in the container with the food scraps/worms (along the side) - is that necessary?
5. Are there any plants that don't like worm tea?
6.When I come to making my worm farm can I just transfer worms from my garden compost bin straight into the 2nd bottom box together with some of the compost they are already living in ?
7. Where can I get those containers online?
Thanks for watching and of course if you have any question I will do my best to answer them for you.
Follow us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/theproductivegarden
Music in this video intro is from www.pacdv.com/sounds/