The HCG Diet Protocol: The 500 Calorie Puzzle
http://amzn.to/Y6Rg8Z Click here to learn more about the HCG diet:
Countless numbers of people have successfully lost weight by following the HCG diet.
The HCG diet was developed in the 1950s by a British endocrinologist, Dr. A.T.W. Simeons. It consists of taking a natural hormone and following three strict eating phases, for a total of about six weeks. The most challenging part of the diet is Phase II. The dieter is limited to 500 calories a day, with additional restrictions on what foods may be eaten and how.
Phase II is such a challenge because you, the dieter, become quickly aware of how fast 500 calories of food can get consumed. One Big Mac, for example, is 540 calories, and that's with no french fries or soft drink. Phase II also provides your best opportunity to drop unwanted pounds, so it is critical to do it well. That's why planning out your diet menus a week at a time is so important.
Here are the rules:
1. The HCG diet only allows you to eat one protein, one vegetable, one fruit and one melba toast twice a day.
2. You're not allowed to eat the same protein, vegetable and fruit two meals in a row.
3. You can choose to have some of your foods for between-meals snacks.
4. You are limited to 3-1-2 to 4 ounces of protein.
5. Your vegetable and fruit portions are limited too.
6. Your protein choices are limited to veal, beef, chicken breast, white fish, lobster, crab or shrimp.
7. Your vegetable choices are limited to spinach, chard, chicory, beet greens, lettuce, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus or cabbage.
8. Your fruit options are an apple, an orange, strawberries, or grapefruit.
Unfortunately, for many of us non-gourmet cooks, this often means eating the same foods day in, day out once we've figured out they fit the diet requirements. Repetition like this = boredom and feelings of deprivation = not conducive to diet success. As you can see, there are plenty of delicious, nutritious foods available to you during Phase II. Once you have the portions figured out, it becomes easier to mix and match the meal components each day to stay on track.
Careful planning is the key to a successful HCG diet. It also helps you develop skills for healthy lifelong eating habits. For fast results that can have lasting benefits, the HCG diet may just be the diet you've been looking for. For more information on the HCG diet, with all the planning work done for you, click the link below in the description: http:--www.hcgdietquickstart.com