Hey YouTubers and Happy New Year! 2014! I wanted to share what we had for dinner in my house, so why not record? I haven't uploaded a cooking video in ages, so here you go!
I'll do my best to list my recipes. I kinda wing it, so feel free to change it up and please don't be upset with me if I forget a few things.
Black Eye Peas:
Rinsed and Soaked overnight (cooking time is usually on the bag)
1. Sautéed cut up 6-7 small pieces of salt pork with 1/4 of a large cut up white onion
2. Add water and chicken broth to cover and bring to a boil.
3. Season black eyed peas with your favorite seasonings. (I like, onion powder, garlic salt, smoked seasoned salt and pepper.) I also add a ham hock for flavor.
4. Simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
1. Cut, Sort, Clean and Rinse
2. Boil ham hock in seasoned water (same seasoning mentioned above).
3. Add greens and simmer until tender.
Optional: Add a little sugar to take away tartness.
Oven Baked Baby Back Ribs (The meat will fall off the bone!!)
1. Wash/rinse ribs, cut up in sections.
2. Season with the above mentioned seasonings.
Optional: I also added dark brown sugar and honey.
3. Place in ziplock bag and marinate with Teriyaki sauce overnight.
4. Remove ribs from bag, place in a glass dish, cover with foil and bake at 275-300 degrees meat side down for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. This will make the meat very tender!
5. Take ribs out the oven place on a clean cutting board and add your favorite bbq sauce on both sides of the meat.
6. Place ribs meat side up on cookie sheet (aluminum pan) then broil for about 2-3 minutes so the sauce can caramelize.
Macaroni and Cheese (my recipe changes all the time lol)
You will need 2 cups monterey jack, 2 cups sharp cheddar shredded cheeses and also a half a block of extra sharp cheese. (some people use velveeta, I don't because it creeps me out!). I used milk in the video, but you can use heavy cream, half and half etc. One egg and your favorite seasonings.
1. Boil mac noodles (follow instructions for Al dante) and strain.
2. In a bowl stir in milk (about 1 1/2 cups) and mix half of all your shredded cheeses and all of the cut up block cheese and about 3-4 cups cooked noodles.
3. Add your favorite seasonings. (I used onion powder, salt and pepper). Taste the mixture to your satisfaction. Then stir in the egg.
4. Pour into a butter/greased glass dish. Top with remaining shredded cheeses.
5. Bake at 325-350 for 30-45 minutes. (depends on your oven).
Optional: I like the cheese to brown a little bit, so I turn to broil for about 2-3 minutes.
I hope I didn't miss anything and if I did, I apologize I'm going off memory. Remember, if you don't eat pork, put your own spin on it and change it to your liking.
Thanks for all the continued support and stay tuned for more in 2014.