Automotive Low Pressure Transducer
(MYODE - Make Your Own Diagnostic Equipment Series)
Get the Android-Book APP Here...
Get the Printed BOOK Here...
Get the Kindle Book Here...
NOTE: Part are available from Jameco, Mouser & Digi-Key, with part numbers and details of construction available inside our publication (book & DVD) for this series.
Pressure transducers are used in conjunction with a measuring device, such as a multi-meter of oscilloscope to detect a changing pressure. Pressure transducers are very useful in detecting all kinds of auto repair issues, such as follows:
When connected to the a fuel pressure regulator to detect minor fluctuations in the fuel pressure when injectors open and close, thereby, revealing a clogged injector.
Used to detect exhaust gas flow output, revealing issues with the valve train. In case of a burnt valve, an exhaust pressure transducer will flag a busted valve if the signal is properly interpreted.
There are dozens of cases when a pressure transducer is useful in auto repair and diagnostics. So here's how to build your own pressure transducer .....
Get the whole story right now in this video...Enjoy...
Low Pressure Transducer Parts List:
(note: these are some possible fuel tank pressure sensors that can be used. There are hundreds that can be used. Almost any fuel tank pressure sensor can be used. Prices range for a new one $25 to $65 to a used one for $5).
* 2005-12 GM original fuel tank pressure sensor 13502903
* 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 - OEM Dealer part numbers: 16196060, 16238399, 8093776800, 8162384090, 09377680, 9377680, 8162383990, 8162117490, 8162572760, 12219388, 16217059, 16257276, STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS #: AS302
* 5.1 volt Zener diode - (Price $0.027 to $0.29) Part # (mouser 78-TZX5V1B, 78-TZX5V1B-TAP, 771-NZX5V1B,133) (Digi-Key 1N5232BVSTR-ND, 1N5232BVSCT-ND)
* Resistor - (Price $ ) (Part # Mouser 588-OD510JE, 588-OF510JE)
* Black case - Small PVC pipe from hardware store.
* Black vacum hose from local auto-parts
Amazon Printed-Books & Kindle:
Google Play Android APPs:
Amazon Video DVDs:
Barnes & Noble Nook:
Apple iTunes iPad: