Here at The Men's Health Clinic, one of the treatment options for Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome is regular intra-muscular Testosterone Enanthate injections, either administered weekly or every 3.5 days, dependent on your personalised protocol.
Here in the UK, Testosterone Enanthate comes in 1ml ampoules containing 250mg/ml. We have 10ml sterile vials available for accurate dosing once your protocol has been agreed.
Here is an instruction video for preparation of your medication.
• Gather supplies - Testosterone Enanthate 250mg/ml ampoule, alcohol wipe, 1ml syringe, 23 gauge needle, plaster, sharps bin.
• Prepare a clean, clutter free area.
• Wash your hands.
• Check the date on the medicine packaging and ampoule, to make sure it is in date.
• Gently snap the neck off of the ampoule.
• Firmly attach the syringe to the 23g needle and carefully remove the needle cover.
• Stick the needle into the ampoule & draw up the correct amount of Testosterone Enanthate.
• Hold the needle upright and tap on the syringe to ensure any residual air rises to the top. Gently depress the plunger to remove the excess air so that the correct amount of testosterone is present in the syringe.
• Use an alcohol wipe to clean the upper outer aspect of the buttock or anterior thigh where you will inject.
• Hold the needle and syringe like a pencil. Using a quick dart-like motion, insert the needle at a 90-degree angle through the skin and into the muscle.
• Release your hold on the skin and muscle.
• Pull back slightly on the plunger to see if blood is present. If there is blood, remove the needle and syringe and start over with a new needle and syringe. If there is no blood, inject the medicine.
• Slowly push the plunger down to inject the medicine into the muscle over at least two minutes.
• Take the needle out.
• Apply pressure at the injection site and gently rub.
• Apply a plaster.
• Discard the used needle and syringe properly.
• Store the medicine vial as directed.
TIP - Testosterone Enanthate is an oily substance and quite viscous at room temperature. To ease the flow into your muscle, warm the vial in the palm of your hands for a few minutes.
If you are preparing two syringes from the one ampoule, use a Braun combi stopper to fix to the end of the syringe you are going to store.
RISKS - Testosterone Enanthate should only be injected into muscle, if you draw back on the syringe plunger and draw blood then you are most likely in a blood vessel. If you inject into a blood vessel you risk causing a Pulmonary Oily Microembolism, this can cause the following symptoms:- cough, shortness of breath, unwell feeling, sweating, chest pain, dizziness, numbness and tingling, fainting. Fortunately, treatment is usually just supportive with supplemental oxygen.
Do not use if you are allergic to Testosterone Enanthate.