*FOR MATURE AUDIENCES DUE TO ADULT CONTENT*
I'm sure everyone is like "What the heck, Anne. You said you were gonna re-upload videos you're PROUD of, not ashamed of!" (probably not but still lol). The reason I'm re-uploading this video is because I don't want to be ashamed of it anymore. Yeah I wasn't at first, until Tumblr got a hold of it, but simply put, it was the work of a joke gone bad and ignorance toward the subject matter that the video represented. Yes, misrepresentation DOES happen. I can't escape it, but I shouldn't try to hide from it either. I made this video, and my editing at the time wasn't so great but it was the story I focused on the most, and I'm actually proud of the story I came up with for the three main characters. With that being said, I shall make a list of FAQ below and answer them accordingly.
1. Who the heck is Jim in love with??
-Ariel. He has an interest in Melody, but he never falls in love with her because of her immaturity and inexperience with the world/life. Ariel has all of that, and to him, he finds that side of her attractive.
2. Isn't it wrong having him fall for a woman/mother of his girlfriend??
-Uh, yes! I never said it was right or acceptable. I purposely made this happen for dramatic affect and to present a more serious tone to a situation where a boy falls for a woman. Another thing that should make you aware that I am against this idea is when I had Ariel REJECT Jim. Yes, she rejects him because of her status as a queen and dutiful wife. Her reputation would be ruined if she ever pursued him, and because she has morals, she didn't pursue him. I hope that makes sense.
3. Isn't it wrong having Jim pair up with Melody?? She's so young and he's so old!
- I never said it was acceptable, but that's not the point. Melody is 12 and Jim is 15. I'm not making that up, their ages are found in the movies and bonus features. That's 3 years apart. Mentally, they would be incapable of a romantic relationship (in my opinion), and so I had them NOT have a romantic relationship, though it seemed to want to go in that direction, but you have to look at that from their point of view. Melody can have a crush on him, but never succeed in having a relationship with him. Jim may have been interested in her and flirted with her, but he never pushed it beyond what looked like a flirty-friendship with her. Especially since he began falling for Ariel, which I believe is a normal response for a 15 year old boy with raging hormones and a natural interest in girls his age or older.
4. Why did Eric have his family attacked/killed??
- The stigma of his wife and daughter dating the same guy would've ruined him, so he did what my version of a tyrant ruler would do... get rid of the problem before the rumors spread throughout and his reign would seem like a joke. He's selfish, I made that clear when he openly started an affair with Odette and did not care if anyone saw or talked about it. Kings years ago were almost encouraged to seek a mistress to produce an heir, but Eric abused that privilege by having Odette around as his trophy, and Ariel a status claim to being a King.
5. Why did the people attack the palace??
- Again, Eric was a tyrant ruler, but he was lazy about his reign and was careless. He did not think his own people would ever rebel against him, but coincidentally, they did the same night he had his family killed.
6. Why did you make a video about pedophilia??
- This video is not about pedophilia, though you can say it contains it somewhere; but again, your interpretation is your own. I did not show anything explicit between Jim and Melody (because nothing really happened. They just hung out alot), and Jim and Ariel never got to happen, but he did have sex with a prostitute (which NO ONE complained about) to ease his sexual frustration (he's 15. It's normal to have sexual urges). You can say that's pedophilia on Jessica's part, but she's a prostitute who would sleep with any guy who would pay her. She didn't see him as a kid, but as a customer. I'm sure if he were younger she wouldn't even go with him due to moral reasons, but again, that's just my perspective.
7. Why did you make a Disney character have sex anyway?? It wasn't necessary.
- I made that scene because again, dramatic flair, and story-telling purposes. Yes it could've been left out, but going the extra mile to show the sexual frustration of a teenage boy and the lust side of it all was meant to show how his personal needs got in the way of him potentially saving Ariel and Melody.
My Blog: theloveandheartbreak.blogspot.com
"Copyright Disclaimer, Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."