Orthogonal Devices ER-101 ER-102 Review (Part 1) Euroroack Modular Indexed Quad Sequencer & Controller - Clickable Index (2018)
Click on SHOW MORE to see INDEX of the video and more info in the description.
The Orthogonal Devices (OD) ER-101 is a Eurorack Modular Four Tracks Gate and CV Sequencer with 1 Gate and 2 CV channels per Track.
The ER-102 is the Sequencer Controller expander module which augments overall sequencing and modulation capabilities and also adds CV/Gate Recording.
In Part 1 of this ER101 and ER102 Review video series,
(Subscribe to this YouTube Channel, do not miss next episode!), we take a look at the overall features of both modules and we focus more on the main features of the ER-101, from a high-level understanding of this unique Sequencer to hands-on examples including Step Editing, Math Transforms, Smooth, etc...
Does the Orthogonal Devices ER-101 Sequencer and User Interface Paradigm work?
In Part 2 we will focus hands-on on the Orthogonal Devices ER-102 Sequencer Controller module
Please 'Subscribe' to this channel for more eurorack modular reviews, patches, and modular synth music videos!
SOCIAL LINKS - Stay up to date!
Orthogonal Devices ER-101 ER-102 - Part-1 REVIEW INDEX:
01:26 User Interface Considerations
02:56 Time Machine Look and Functionality
- Having used it for a while... do I still like it in operation?
- Is the ER-101 User Interface hard or easy to use?
- Overview of the front panel, displays, etc…
- Steps and Patterns information and navigation
9:10 We start talking about the Index Voltage Tables
- Easy to Edit?
10:50 Quick Look at the Track Options Screen (before going back into Voltage Tables discussion)
- Notes/Voltage Display
- Clock Divider
- Clock Multiplier
- Gate/Trigger Outs setting
… then back to Voltage Tables discussion (for VCOs and other types of modules)
17:15 Note about Configuration File
18:16 More about Voltage Tables
- User Slots
- Two Voltage Tables per Track
- Loop: Start and End points
- Note about ER-102 Parts/Loops Enhancements
23:00 Notes about managing Patterns
- ER-101 Patterns notes
- ER-102 enhancements
26:02 Suggestions from OD Manual = Arpeggiator Sequencer
28:42 How the Interface makes it quick for you to get things done.
31:09 Example Creating Track
- Editing Steps
- Duration, Gate Length…
- Copy, Insert, Range Edits
- Some quick Math
- Before, After, Split (Steps and Patterns)
- Notes Swing
43:56 Does the ER-101 way of Display Sequencing Data Work?
- Is there Menu Diving?
- Does the ER-101 front panel and data display model work?
- Where is the Pattern Display? Do you need one?
- Do we care about Patterns? A sense of Freedom?
- 12 sequencing channels?
NOW let's go through all other Features...
54:42 OVERVIEW Of All Features with practical examples here and there - INCLUDING:
- Track, Steps, Patterns/Steps Per Track…
55:32 Reset and Examples of Quantized Reset (to Tracks, Pattern or Step)
58:34 Smooth function (Examples per Steps, Pattern, Track)
- Scope selection for Edits
1:02:26 MATH with examples (CVs, Duration, Gate Length…)
- Multiply and Divide
- Assign (S)
- Hold & Commit
- Quantized Commit
- Snapshot Loading Quantized Commit
1:16:32 Orthogonal Devices ER-102 Sequencer Controller - OVERVIEW
- SD CARD (Storage, Midi Files…)
- Parts (manual or CV/Gate control)
- Group (Selection Modifiers)
- Record Modes
1:20:25 Video Conclusion and Plans for ER-101 and ER-102 follow up videos.
Help us bring you more content, please ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ this video and ‘Subscribe’ to our YouTube Channel.
Questions? Suggestions? Write in the comments below to discuss…