Joetta Aaron is a writer and Language Arts teacher, who incorporates creative writing, oral, and written communication skills in the workplace. With a concentrated focus on drama and action, Joetta also writes poetry and once performed Spoken Word at an open mic event. She utilizes her writing skills to create blogs on http://www.joettaaaron.tumblr.com. Visit my website to learn more, contact me at email@example.com to discuss story ideas.
Resume: Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills. Values opportunities to work with others, teamwork, and communication. Flexible, hardworking, and open-minded. Knowledgeable about Education, Fiction Writing, and Literature. Experience includes writing emails, business letters, lesson plans, developmental plans, and anecdotal notes.
Strong communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, collaborative skills, and great attention to details.
Software: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook, Final Draft, and Twine
∗ Improved students’ writing skills by demonstrating clear and coherent writing.
∗ Completed a Cornell Notes Professional Learning course to teach students how to write Cornell Notes successfully.
∗ Positively affected the organization by auditing and correcting errors made on account spreadsheets.
∗ Increased students Lexile levels by teaching Critical Reading Strategies to improve reading skills.
Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, FL 10/2014– current
Language Arts Teacher
Responsible for teaching Common Core Standards and managing classroom activities.
• Improved students writing skills by demonstrating clear and coherent argumentative writing.
• Increased reading proficiency by implementing Common Core Strategies in daily lessons to prepare students for the Florida State Assessment.
• Demonstrated effective communication by sending emails/letters to notify parents of student’s academics and classroom behavior.
Right Path Behavioral Health Services, Jacksonville, FL 02/2014– 04/2014
Community Support Worker
Provide clients with necessary tools to function in society.
• Assisted client in becoming more financially stable by creating a personal budget.
• Increased client’s ability to manage daily activities by implementing daily journaling.
Kelly Educational Services/Kelly Services, Jacksonville, FL 04/2013– 10/2014
Substitute Teacher/Data Entry Specialists
Implemented lesson plans in the absence of the classroom teacher. Edit data entry reports.
• Successfully implemented lesson plans by teaching the students skills needed to complete assignments.
• Helped increase productivity by auditing data to locate and edit errors.
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL
Masters of Fine Arts, Creative Writing
Expected Graduation August 2017
University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
Bachelor of Arts, English
Graduated December 2013
Florida State College at Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
Associate in Arts, English
Graduated December 2009