This vid is for my friend Mat and everyone else who doesn't want to supplement with vitamin d in the winter time and rather get from UV light, which is most optimal source of vitamin d. Now I been using tanning beds for over 8 years.
And I love it. It makes me feels good, especially in the winter the heat, decreases the winter blues with the light, and most importantly increases vitamin d, which helps with the bone health, increase immunity, and actually prevents some forms cancer. Also, getting vitamin d from UV has been shown to be better than supplements and food sources, which there isn't many of them..that aren't really appealing flsh liver, blood, guts, and eggs....mushrooms...then there is milk, which they supplement it in there ....and the reason why UV it is better:
1. you get more vitamin d.
2. There is no over dose of vitamin d with UV light. Just recently a popular health guru, Gary Nulls (http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2010/04/28/Health-guru-sues-over-Vitamin-D-overdose/UPI-27541272476523/), almost died excess of vitamin d.
3. You get to store it longer
I go 1-2 times a week in the winter time for a half a session, which is about 8 minutes.
And this is what a Dermatologist by the name of Dr. Michael F. Holick recommends, who wrote a book called UV Advantage...talking about the benefits of UV light and tanning beds.
1. You want to go to a tanning salon that uses low pressure beds (mimics natural sunlights)
-95% UVA and 5% UVB
-History behind tanning beds, when they first came out they were UVB (insurance policy) then UVA now it's a mix
2. You don't want to burn, you want to sun-kissed not sun burnt
3. You don't need to use lotion or oils.....these help to get a more even, deeper, and darker tan. Which they do this by helping to flatten out the skin so increases more surface area so the UV
4. Eat a low fat diet, lycopene by 45% sunburn, broccoli, grapes....we were meant to eat fruit and be in the sun
5. Also, you want to make sure the place you go to is clean and wear the safety eyewear.
6. I always go naked.
Increases the total amount of vitamin d you get overall and I heard if you expose your genitals to UV increase testostorone, which in return increase strength. Maybe that's the big secret with all my all strength feats is that I tan my balls.
Hopefully that answered everything you wanted to know about tanning. If you have any additional questions post it in the comments section. If there is any topics you want me to cover I'll put them on list topics I want to cover on this channel. If you are going to Woodstock Fruit Festival please sponsor me it would really help me out. So, this is it for this edition of fruit and strength. Make sure you get your lifts in, your fruit on and get some UV. It's good for you.