How long is pharmacy tech school? http://pharmacyschool.us/2016/05/09/how-long-is-pharmacy-tech-school/
Meet John. He is interested in becoming a pharmacy technician.
Most pharmacy technician schools last about 2 semesters. The programs are often a combination of several different learning environments.
In those 2 semesters, here is what you will be learning:
First Semester: Retail Pharmacy
- You will learn about different aspects of pharmacy such as pharmacy law, medications, and the prescription filling process.
- You will also learn basic pharmacy calculations used in all settings of pharmacy.
- The first semester will be mostly didactic learning and hands-on experience in the pharmacy lab.
Second Semester: Hospital Pharmacy
- You will learn aseptic technique which is used to make I.V. medications in the hospital.
- You will also learn how to fill crash carts and other medication cabinets that are located all through-out hospitals.
- During this semester, there will be didactic training, hands-on training in the pharmacy lab, as well as a pharmacy technician externship.
This should give you a fairly accurate representation of how long is pharmacy tech school, and what you can expect to learn while you are there. For a compressive list, visit our website or follow the link in the description.
Brought to you by:
Community pharmacists are the health professionals most accessible to the public. They supply medicines in accordance with a prescription or, when legally permitted, sell them without a prescription. In addition to ensuring an accurate supply of appropriate products, their professional activities also cover counselling of patients at the time of dispensing of prescription and non-prescription drugs, drug information to health professionals, patients and the general public, and participation in health-promotion programmes. They maintain links with other health professionals in primary health care.