So why do you want to be a pharmacist?? http://pharmacyschool.us/2016/05/23/why-do-you-want-to-be-a-pharmacist/
Meet John. He is looking to become a pharmacist.
Pharmacists are educators, whether it be for the public, prescribers, or other health care professionals. No matter what area of pharmacy you end up in, education will more than likely be involved in your day to day job duties.
Here are 5 reasons to become a pharmacist:
- Pharmacists are the last line between patients and medications that can be deadly if taken incorrectly. Most patients trust their pharmacists more than they trust their doctors.
- Pharmacy workers are not only seen as health care providers in the community, but also a source of wisdom and respect. Many people will seek out the wisdom of their pharmacist in times of need with extremely personal problems due to the trust and respect that is built by serving your community.
- While some are busy helping keep their community healthy, others are busy working for drug companies to develop new medications that will save lives worldwide.
- Pharmacists are also some of the top leaders in medication development in the United States.
- In addition to monitoring effectiveness and safety of drug therapies, pharmacists are often also responsible for monitoring the business side of the pharmacy. This means being able to do calculations to look at inventory turnover, profit, acceptable margins, and other business calculations.
So why do you want to be a pharmacist? Let us know in the comments. For a compressive list, visit our website or follow the link in the description.
Brought to you by:
Why don’t you guys go to congress and obtain provider status so pharmacist can prescribe ? PA are doing it wit far less training but they organized and now they are seeing patients with just 2 years training ? Wile pharmacy training is 6 years ! Pharmacy is dying profesión and three is a job crisis and getting laid if left and right fue to mergers ! We let retail take over pharmacy and not we limited to verify , cashier , clean shelves , drive tru ? Omg. MD do not get treated like a mc Donald peon but we do let them treat us with disrespect
Lol. Reason not to ! No jobs and over saturation
Of pharmacists are jobless ! The mergers are laying people off this profesión is a dying one ! Welcome to the World of finantial crisis of mega proportions.., go to medical school three is a shortage there
Community pharmacists are the health professionals most accessible to the public. They supply medicines in accordance with a prescription or, when legally permitted, sell them without a prescription. In addition to ensuring an accurate supply of appropriate products, their professional activities also cover counselling of patients at the time of dispensing of prescription and non-prescription drugs, drug information to health professionals, patients and the general public, and participation in health-promotion programmes. They maintain links with other health professionals in primary health care.