In this video I share hacks that help memorize thousands of English words per day and grow your vocabulary.
📝 Get your English text corrected instantly - https://fluent.express/
Related videos: 50 most common English phrases - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj5btO2nvt8
- Best TV shows to learn English - http://bit.ly/2zI5DN2
- How to speak English like an American - http://bit.ly/2muNpcQ
📗🇺🇸 My book about how I got full financial aid to study in the USA (my story + tips) - https://goo.gl/fKwah2
How to learn hundreds of English words a day
1. There are words in English that work both as a noun and verb - so by learning one work your learning two - work, drive, try, kiss, drink, dream, milk (доить), hope, love
2. Words that end with -tion would be almost the same in your own language, super easy to learn - ambition (ambicion, Ambition, ambitzione), motivation (motivacion, Motivation, motivazione). Dissertation, profession, portion, intonation, convention, sanction, concentration, delegation, illustration
3. Look for images for particular words - you will be surprised you’ve already used them a lot in your life. Sometimes words just remind you of something - a song, a band. Spear which is a weapon - I think of Britney Spears. Beetle = a bug, Volkswagen New Beetle car, which looks like a bug, gosling - is a baby goose - and you know who I am thinking about - Ryan Gosling.
4. Some words have several meanings - try to learn at least a couple of meanings to diversify your vocabulary - fire = flame, to let someone go (employee), date = going out with a loved one, date as a fruit, date as a day in a calendarmiss = to skip something, to long to see someone, miss like a girl
5. There are a lot of words that are almost identical in a lot of languages - aquarium, antidepressant, avocado, argument, sensor, caramel, control, cocktail, scandal, organism
6. When you speak it’s very important to remember the words, which I call a safety net - these should be learnt by heart right now. Words include - I, you, she, he, eye, female, etc. - they are all mentioned in my video - 100 Most Common English Words
7. Learn expressions - are you nuts? 🥜 save face, I am all ears, to feel blue- every day words form combinations that have a completely different meaning
8. Talk to yourself when you learn a new word or expression using it. For example, if you liked the video you can comment below “Marina, I was all ears!” Which means that you listened to the video really carefully and wrote things down.
9. Be aware of false friends. Some words in English might sound like a word a your language, but mean a completely different thing. One of the common words is Actual - in English in means current, related to present time. In Spanish Actual is real.Eventuell = perhaps, eventually = in the end
⭐ INSTAGRAM - linguamarina
⭐ LEARN LANGUAGES ABROAD - https://linguatrip.com
📷 FILMING EQUIPMENT
- Canon G7X - http://amzn.to/2l2aSfE
- Sony A7R II (also perfect for instagram) - http://amzn.to/2DrCNTU
- Sony 50 mm lens - http://amzn.to/2G2r4c4
- Zoom H4n Pro (better than any built-in camera sound) - http://amzn.to/2DVJzyr
- Rode video mic (when I have to use my camera to record the sound) - http://amzn.to/2BhkCKW
$20 TO SPEND ON AIRBNB - http://bit.ly/2g0F87Q
$20 TO SPEND ON UBER - http://ubr.to/2k1B89L
this was a helpful method for someone who wants to increased and develop his ability in memorizing the world..... thanks a lot . I am more confident now to do not stop my trial in adding my English word cheerio
Hey marina i'm all ears!💞
I wanna tell you that i speak arabic and i'm trying to be better in english
I have a problem 😅 when i'm writing english i think it's little easy but when i decide to speak i feel like i cant remember any word in English,you know 😅 and alot of time i feel like OMG i'm stupid,so i wanna know what to do please 😂❤
Учить слова, естественно, отлично... однако где же действительное употребление? Считаю, излишней растраты времени и ментальных ресурсов.
Learning of new words by heart is okay probably, but there’s no actual use of those
theories that based montessori language technique,root assumption,kids taught languages when young,,youth is prime time for second language acquisition,language learning sites are now like veggy shooshers and hamburger cookers, another method guaranteed after one month,cursive writing practice helps,,copying,tracing for legibility engages more reinforcing brain & muscle impulses,an assist in spelling, diacritical marks & punctuation,
scan a stack of words in the language desired,with the english translation,pronounce them each,,cover up one column, read the other,recite the other one until committed to memory,
if you can retain the 50 or 25 words making one or 2 mistakes you get a B or a B plus.
interaction in real time classroom challenges is optimal,,translate idiomatically some subject you learned about in the native language,mimic the accent rhythm,pauses,hard consonants,and breaths,opened or stopped,
Hi Marina! About words ending in ~tion, this is difficult for English language learners from Korea, China and Japan because they use their own characters. However I think your video is the video I've been looking for ages. I was all ears, really! Thank you for this!
She was kidding because it is impossible to remember 100 words a day.i hardly remember 10 to 15 words.reading a 100 word is easy but retain it in your longer time is difficult.i,very been learning English more than 5 years.you teach in your other video to live with language,culture,enjoy the process of it. The nicety of your video is so good.i really really admire you.
Community pharmacists are the health professionals most accessible to the public. They supply medicines in accordance with a prescription or, when legally permitted, sell them without a prescription. In addition to ensuring an accurate supply of appropriate products, their professional activities also cover counselling of patients at the time of dispensing of prescription and non-prescription drugs, drug information to health professionals, patients and the general public, and participation in health-promotion programmes. They maintain links with other health professionals in primary health care.