In this video I share hacks that help memorize thousands of English words per day and grow your vocabulary.
📝 Get your English text corrected instantly - https://fluent.express/
Related videos: 50 most common English phrases - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj5btO2nvt8
- Best TV shows to learn English - http://bit.ly/2zI5DN2
- How to speak English like an American - http://bit.ly/2muNpcQ
📗🇺🇸 My book about how I got full financial aid to study in the USA (my story + tips) - https://goo.gl/fKwah2
How to learn hundreds of English words a day
1. There are words in English that work both as a noun and verb - so by learning one work your learning two - work, drive, try, kiss, drink, dream, milk (доить), hope, love
2. Words that end with -tion would be almost the same in your own language, super easy to learn - ambition (ambicion, Ambition, ambitzione), motivation (motivacion, Motivation, motivazione). Dissertation, profession, portion, intonation, convention, sanction, concentration, delegation, illustration
3. Look for images for particular words - you will be surprised you’ve already used them a lot in your life. Sometimes words just remind you of something - a song, a band. Spear which is a weapon - I think of Britney Spears. Beetle = a bug, Volkswagen New Beetle car, which looks like a bug, gosling - is a baby goose - and you know who I am thinking about - Ryan Gosling.
4. Some words have several meanings - try to learn at least a couple of meanings to diversify your vocabulary - fire = flame, to let someone go (employee), date = going out with a loved one, date as a fruit, date as a day in a calendarmiss = to skip something, to long to see someone, miss like a girl
5. There are a lot of words that are almost identical in a lot of languages - aquarium, antidepressant, avocado, argument, sensor, caramel, control, cocktail, scandal, organism
6. When you speak it’s very important to remember the words, which I call a safety net - these should be learnt by heart right now. Words include - I, you, she, he, eye, female, etc. - they are all mentioned in my video - 100 Most Common English Words
7. Learn expressions - are you nuts? 🥜 save face, I am all ears, to feel blue- every day words form combinations that have a completely different meaning
8. Talk to yourself when you learn a new word or expression using it. For example, if you liked the video you can comment below “Marina, I was all ears!” Which means that you listened to the video really carefully and wrote things down.
9. Be aware of false friends. Some words in English might sound like a word a your language, but mean a completely different thing. One of the common words is Actual - in English in means current, related to present time. In Spanish Actual is real.Eventuell = perhaps, eventually = in the end
⭐ INSTAGRAM - linguamarina
⭐ LEARN LANGUAGES ABROAD - https://linguatrip.com
📷 FILMING EQUIPMENT
- Canon G7X - http://amzn.to/2l2aSfE
- Sony A7R II (also perfect for instagram) - http://amzn.to/2DrCNTU
- Sony 50 mm lens - http://amzn.to/2G2r4c4
- Zoom H4n Pro (better than any built-in camera sound) - http://amzn.to/2DVJzyr
- Rode video mic (when I have to use my camera to record the sound) - http://amzn.to/2BhkCKW
$20 TO SPEND ON AIRBNB - http://bit.ly/2g0F87Q
$20 TO SPEND ON UBER - http://ubr.to/2k1B89L
Thank you Marina. I don't know if you still read the comments you receive on your youtube channel or not. Anyway, some people are telling me that you cannot learn English because you fear and worry of it. I don't worry about that and don't fear believe me, I can read it with the words I know; but when I listen to your videos or to the news or when I watch a movie or listen to a sogn, I need always a traduction, I don't know how can I understand, for example, "an" and "and" are different in writing, and I don't know how can I make the difference between them when I listen to some people pronounce them as the same word? Sincerly greetings. - Tahar
Marina thanks for share with us all foreigners that we are learning english its not easy at all for the begining but i hope with practice as much as possible i will be a master ...i believe it .thanks for your videos .greetings from Mexico .
Thanks so much Marina. Your advice on the learning of English words sounds reasonable, but it is even harder to learn 100 words a day. It takes a lot reading and writing in addition to learning by heart those difficult words in isolation. However, you look cute and I like your smile. Thanks a lot💋👌
Community pharmacists are the health professionals most accessible to the public. They supply medicines in accordance with a prescription or, when legally permitted, sell them without a prescription. In addition to ensuring an accurate supply of appropriate products, their professional activities also cover counselling of patients at the time of dispensing of prescription and non-prescription drugs, drug information to health professionals, patients and the general public, and participation in health-promotion programmes. They maintain links with other health professionals in primary health care.